Medizinische Universität Graz Austria/Österreich - Forschungsportal - Medical University of Graz

Logo MUG-Forschungsportal

Gewählte Publikation:

SHR Neuro Krebs Kardio Lipid Stoffw Microb

Avian, A; Mattersberger, C; Schober, L; Martensen, J; Wolf, M; Kamo, W; Pichler, G; Schwaberger, B; Urlesberger, B.
Precision of time-resolved near-infrared spectroscopy-based measurements of cerebral oxygenation in preterm infants.
Neurophotonics. 2021; 8(4): 045001 Doi: 10.1117/1.NPh.8.4.045001 [OPEN ACCESS]
Web of Science PubMed PUBMED Central FullText FullText_MUG


Führende Autor*innen der Med Uni Graz
Avian Alexander
Co-Autor*innen der Med Uni Graz
Martensen Johann
Mattersberger Christian
Pichler Gerhard
Schober Lukas
Schwaberger Bernhard Christian
Urlesberger Berndt

Dimensions Citations:

Plum Analytics:

Scite (citation analytics):

Significance: Time-resolved near-infrared spectroscopy (t-NIRS) is a new technology; at the moment, data on its precision in preterm infants are rare. Aim: Therefore, the aim of this study was to analyze the precision of t-NIRS-based measurements of the cerebral oxygenation in preterm infants. Approach: In 70 neonates [age: 4.7 ± 2.0 days, sex (f/m): 33/37], cerebral oxygenation ( t - rSO 2 ) was measured with an optode placed over the left frontotemporal lobe on the head, measurement duration was 1 min, and a reapplication was done for four further times (five applications). Results: Overall mean for t - rSO 2 values was 62.2 % ± 4.1 % . We found a within-patient variation for t - rSO 2 of 2.6%. Furthermore, 95% of all observed values were within a range of ± 5 % from the mean when looking on several reapplications and ± 2 % when looking within one application. Most of the variation in t - rSO 2 (60.4%) contributed to differences between patients. The remaining 39.6% of the variation was due to measurement errors and real changes of the measured signal within the neonates. Conclusions: Since within-patient variation of t - rSO 2 measures were below a clinical meaningful threshold of 5%, the measurement can be denoted as precise.

Find related publications in this database (Keywords)
resolved near-infrared spectroscopy
cerebral oxygenation
preterm infants
© Med Uni Graz Impressum